Tag Archives: find jobs
While there has been some good news for job seekers in recent months as the economy sputters along in a halting “recovery,” one group has still been largely left behind: Younger veterans. According to this NPR report, the unemployment rate … Continue reading
The October jobs report was a doozy: The Bureau of Labor Statistics reported that the economy actually added some 114,000 nonfarm payroll jobs. Which actually isn’t much. But somehow, it was enough to cause the official unemployment number – the … Continue reading
Over six out of ten veterans report their post-discharge transition to civilian life as “difficult,” according to the Veterans Employment Challenge Survey. This study, conducted by Prudential Financial, surveyed some 1,845 veterans of all services. According to the survey, 69 … Continue reading
Check out Vitaver CAREERS section, your dream job may be a step away.
When Congressional Democrats were selling the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act – “ObamaCare,” in 2010, they ballyhooed it as a great job creator. Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D – CA), then the Speaker of the House, even as she was … Continue reading
Unemployment and job searching are hard enough. Adding small children to the mix makes things even more stressful. But the problem is getting increasingly common. According to the Economic Policy Institute, the number of children with an unemployed parent doubled … Continue reading
Not too long ago, unemployment was a temporary inconvenience – a short-to-medium-term waystation between career adventures. When times were good, you could even congratulate people on their recent layoff. You had every reason to suspect that the next opportunity would … Continue reading
In today’s tight employment market, it’s easy to get so focused on securing the next job that you lose sight of the big picture. But an employee/employer relationship is a two-way street. The employer does not want to have to … Continue reading
Great things can start in small packages. It can be as petite as your wallet or the pockets in your pants. What I’m talking about are business cards. To many, business cards are meant only for those who are trying … Continue reading
According to the 2010 study conducted by the U.S. Department of Labor, there will be, at the very least, 5 to 6 people fighting for one vacant position. This means more than 80% of the applicants will be rejected — … Continue reading
Check the different job ads on newspapers, magazines, posters, radio, and TV. Only a few isn’t it? During the 1990s, these media became the haven of job seekers. However, with the advent of the Internet, job seeking took a 360-degree … Continue reading
- Having Trouble Hiring and Retaining the best IT Professionals?
- Don't Join a Winning Team...
- Embrace the Change!
- Fear of change is... still fear.
- Vitaver Staffing sponsored cricket tournament in Tallahassee, FL
- Using Mobile Devices to Become a More Effective Job Seeker
- Thinking Beyond the Traditional Resume
- Job Hunting During the Holidays
- 47% Of Employers Check Applicant Credit Reports – Here’s What You Can Do
- 6 Tips on How to Step Out of Your Comfort Zone
- Studies Prove: Networking Increasingly Key to Job-Hunt Success
- Get Paid to Change the World
- Hope for the Long-Term Unemployed
- Getting Health Insurance after Open Enrollment Period
- Half of States Don’t Offer “Work-Sharing” Benefit to Ease Underemployment and Prevent Layoffs
- IT Specific Resumes
- Battle Heats Up Once Again Over Extension of Unemployment Benefits
- Feds Probe Florida Over Troubled Unemployment Benefits Website
- Geeks Dance to benefit American Red Cross, American Cancer Society and Salvation Army.
- Social Media: a Tool or a Threat for Recruiting
- HR: Friend or Foe of your Organization?
- Vitaver is Proud to Announce the Winners of the 2013 Dancing Geeks Contest
- Why Aren’t Corporations Investing and Expanding?
- Despite “End” to Recession, Hard Times Persist
- Dirty Rotten Scoundrels: Employment Scammers and How to Spot Them
- Regulatory Changes Mean It’s Time to Update Your Employee Handbook
- Veterans Struggle to Enter Tight Job Market
- When Geeks Dance, Charity Wins - Vitaver Announces First Ever “Dancing Geeks” Charity Competition for IT Professionals
- Will Temp-Worker Surge Translate to Lasting Employment Gains?
- The Union Assault on Freedom of Association
- Sustaining Job Growth: How the Fiscal Cliff Could Affect Employment
- Flex-Time: Why Your Company Should Offer It
- Top 5 Tech Trends of Tomorrow
- Big Data: We’re Looking for a Few Good Nerds (And When We Say “Few,” We Mean 4.4 Million of Them)
Business Management career Career adivce career advice Career choice career tips Emloyment tips Employee Motivation Employer employment employment background check Employment News engineering jobs find jobs health benefits Healthcare HR hr management human resources Interview interview tips IT jobs job job advice job hunting Job Interview job market news job search Job Search Tips Job seeker job tips LinkedIn looking for a job management Management Style Management Tips Outsourcing Recruitment Resume searching for job Small Business Administration Social media social networks twitter unemployment