Tag Archives: HR
HR serves indispensable functions to provide redress to employees’ grievances, compile and enforce the Company Code of Conduct, handle benefits, facilitate reviews, training, all sorts of compliance issues, keep the Company safe from legal liability, etc. etc. HR is generally … Continue reading
It’s important for any employer to put together a detailed employee handbook. Putting your workplace policies on paper not only heads off problems before they occur – but they are also invaluable defenses in case of an employee lawsuit down … Continue reading
A couple of generations ago, you could have a “Father-Knows-Best,” 9 to 5 schedule at an office or factory job, complete with a two-martini happy hour and still attract the best talent. Those days are no more – due to … Continue reading
And so it has come to pass that the U.S. Supreme Court has ruled the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, or “ObamaCare,” constitutional, albeit by the thinnest of margins. The Justices ruled, 5-4, that justifying the so-called “mandate” under … Continue reading
“Doing a good deed is like wetting your pants in a dark suit. It gives you a warm feeling, but nobody notices.” I got that line from a Peanuts cartoon when I was 8 years old. I haven’t seen the … Continue reading
If your employees won’t need pressure-coping skills, imagination to innovate, ability and fortitude of character to prevail against adversity, tenacity to stay the course and persist because it is the right thing to do, then you can do with perfectly … Continue reading
Employers will find Software Engineers, here or elsewhere. If here, taxes and spending stays here. When highly trained professionals are not allowed to stay, they hold a grudge and they take with them (the knowledge and grudge) to wherever they … Continue reading
Speak of human resources, and one of the first things that come to mind is job. A human resources manager searches for the right people who can handle all vacant positions in the company. He or she is also in … Continue reading
Every President and CEO of a corporation (with the exception of the founders and their descendants), one day sat on that chair, in front of you, and a Recruiter just like yourself decided that he/she was a good hire. If … Continue reading
How many articles have you read about how to do up your resume, how to get that interview and how to land the perfect job? The career industry loves it when there is rotation in jobs. The more activity, the … Continue reading
Oftentimes, when I hear a Candidate’s offer of ‘sacrifice’ for the sake of my Company, I feel like getting sick to my stomach. My immediate reaction is: I don’t believe it; and that is the good option. If I were … Continue reading
It is always nice to be in the driver’s seat. Employee empowerment gives employees more decision-making authority over their jobs but truly empowering employees is about much more than bossing yourself around. If you have succeeded in empowering your employees, … Continue reading
Coming back to the USA after a trip to Europe, I was ‘inconvenienced’ by an Immigration agent, who asked a few more questions that I cared to answer before showing some impatience. I was not a US citizen yet. After … Continue reading
- Having Trouble Hiring and Retaining the best IT Professionals?
- Don't Join a Winning Team...
- Embrace the Change!
- Fear of change is... still fear.
- Vitaver Staffing sponsored cricket tournament in Tallahassee, FL
- Using Mobile Devices to Become a More Effective Job Seeker
- Thinking Beyond the Traditional Resume
- Job Hunting During the Holidays
- 47% Of Employers Check Applicant Credit Reports – Here’s What You Can Do
- 6 Tips on How to Step Out of Your Comfort Zone
- Studies Prove: Networking Increasingly Key to Job-Hunt Success
- Get Paid to Change the World
- Hope for the Long-Term Unemployed
- Getting Health Insurance after Open Enrollment Period
- Half of States Don’t Offer “Work-Sharing” Benefit to Ease Underemployment and Prevent Layoffs
- IT Specific Resumes
- Battle Heats Up Once Again Over Extension of Unemployment Benefits
- Feds Probe Florida Over Troubled Unemployment Benefits Website
- Geeks Dance to benefit American Red Cross, American Cancer Society and Salvation Army.
- Social Media: a Tool or a Threat for Recruiting
- HR: Friend or Foe of your Organization?
- Vitaver is Proud to Announce the Winners of the 2013 Dancing Geeks Contest
- Why Aren’t Corporations Investing and Expanding?
- Despite “End” to Recession, Hard Times Persist
- Dirty Rotten Scoundrels: Employment Scammers and How to Spot Them
- Regulatory Changes Mean It’s Time to Update Your Employee Handbook
- Veterans Struggle to Enter Tight Job Market
- When Geeks Dance, Charity Wins - Vitaver Announces First Ever “Dancing Geeks” Charity Competition for IT Professionals
- Will Temp-Worker Surge Translate to Lasting Employment Gains?
- The Union Assault on Freedom of Association
- Sustaining Job Growth: How the Fiscal Cliff Could Affect Employment
- Flex-Time: Why Your Company Should Offer It
- Top 5 Tech Trends of Tomorrow
- Big Data: We’re Looking for a Few Good Nerds (And When We Say “Few,” We Mean 4.4 Million of Them)
Business Management career Career adivce career advice Career choice career tips Emloyment tips Employee Motivation Employer employment employment background check Employment News engineering jobs find jobs health benefits Healthcare HR hr management human resources Interview interview tips IT jobs job job advice job hunting Job Interview job market news job search Job Search Tips Job seeker job tips LinkedIn looking for a job management Management Style Management Tips Outsourcing Recruitment Resume searching for job Small Business Administration Social media social networks twitter unemployment