Tag Archives: interview tips
The good news for job seekers is that the unemployment rate – at least as published by the U.S. Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics, is gradually trending down. According to the January 2012 Employment Situation Report, the official … Continue reading
In today’s tight employment market, it’s easy to get so focused on securing the next job that you lose sight of the big picture. But an employee/employer relationship is a two-way street. The employer does not want to have to … Continue reading
Most of the information you’ll read on the web about improving your interview skills tells you about how to prepare for an interview – but there is such a thing as over preparation. That can do you damage as well. … Continue reading
There are times when the boss cannot meet you personally. However, he or she can find some time to see you through a video interview. Because there is technology involved, the requirements are different compared to in-person interviews. Just in … Continue reading
Today’s post comes from Tim’s Strategy, written by Tim Tyrell-Smith, blog’s founder, Career and Life coach and Consumer Marketing Executive. It baffles me. How such a simple question throws off so many. And then it doesn’t baffle me. Because I’ve … Continue reading
A lot of companies these days use phone interviews. With just a simple phone call, they can save time by eliminating the not-so good candidates. For the applicants, though, this is going to be a make-or-break step. To breeze through … Continue reading
Of all the phases of the hiring process, the scariest would definitely be the panel interview. For one, it seldom happens. Thus, not a lot of people can really teach you what to do or say. Moreover, a panel interview … Continue reading
Here’s another good article that comes from The Undercover Recruiter written by Jimmy Sweeney, the president of CareerJimmy and author of the “Secret Career Document” job landing system. Manners are not only important at the dinner table (use your napkin, … Continue reading
Another great guest post comes from The Undercover Recruiter, written by Kevin Donlin, Career Coach and Columnist for the Minneapolis Star Tribune. Some of the best employment advice you can get is as true today as it was back in … Continue reading
Going for an interview is stressful as it is, don’t make it any harder on yourself by not preparing properly. The preparation is not just about coming up with clever answers to potential questions, but also to make sure you … Continue reading
With today’s intense competition for esteemed corporate positions, it is no wonder why many companies opt for more creative methods of hiring potential employees. Other than the classic formal interview, companies conduct informal interviews to job applicants. But why do … Continue reading
The clothes are not enough and so is your educational background. When you are in an interview, it is very important that you show the right package. You need to look, sound, and be a professional. Here are tips to … Continue reading
The more you need that job, the more likely that interview panic (worst, interview freeze) may pop up right at the time you need to appear confident, energetic and able to communicate effectively. How do you fight it? First, remember … Continue reading
…during your interviews as a Candidate you should never say: I want this job because you pay more. I want this job because of the location. I want this job because my friend/s work(s) here. I want this job because … Continue reading
Cisco has announced that its managers will now conduct job interviews via video. And whatever Cisco does other technology firms are sure to follow. Video interviewing is increasing in popularity among recruiters due to the opportunity to lower costs and … Continue reading
- Having Trouble Hiring and Retaining the best IT Professionals?
- Don't Join a Winning Team...
- Embrace the Change!
- Fear of change is... still fear.
- Vitaver Staffing sponsored cricket tournament in Tallahassee, FL
- Using Mobile Devices to Become a More Effective Job Seeker
- Thinking Beyond the Traditional Resume
- Job Hunting During the Holidays
- 47% Of Employers Check Applicant Credit Reports – Here’s What You Can Do
- 6 Tips on How to Step Out of Your Comfort Zone
- Studies Prove: Networking Increasingly Key to Job-Hunt Success
- Get Paid to Change the World
- Hope for the Long-Term Unemployed
- Getting Health Insurance after Open Enrollment Period
- Half of States Don’t Offer “Work-Sharing” Benefit to Ease Underemployment and Prevent Layoffs
- IT Specific Resumes
- Battle Heats Up Once Again Over Extension of Unemployment Benefits
- Feds Probe Florida Over Troubled Unemployment Benefits Website
- Geeks Dance to benefit American Red Cross, American Cancer Society and Salvation Army.
- Social Media: a Tool or a Threat for Recruiting
- HR: Friend or Foe of your Organization?
- Vitaver is Proud to Announce the Winners of the 2013 Dancing Geeks Contest
- Why Aren’t Corporations Investing and Expanding?
- Despite “End” to Recession, Hard Times Persist
- Dirty Rotten Scoundrels: Employment Scammers and How to Spot Them
- Regulatory Changes Mean It’s Time to Update Your Employee Handbook
- Veterans Struggle to Enter Tight Job Market
- When Geeks Dance, Charity Wins - Vitaver Announces First Ever “Dancing Geeks” Charity Competition for IT Professionals
- Will Temp-Worker Surge Translate to Lasting Employment Gains?
- The Union Assault on Freedom of Association
- Sustaining Job Growth: How the Fiscal Cliff Could Affect Employment
- Flex-Time: Why Your Company Should Offer It
- Top 5 Tech Trends of Tomorrow
- Big Data: We’re Looking for a Few Good Nerds (And When We Say “Few,” We Mean 4.4 Million of Them)
Business Management career Career adivce career advice Career choice career tips Emloyment tips Employee Motivation Employer employment employment background check Employment News engineering jobs find jobs health benefits Healthcare HR hr management human resources Interview interview tips IT jobs job job advice job hunting Job Interview job market news job search Job Search Tips Job seeker job tips LinkedIn looking for a job management Management Style Management Tips Outsourcing Recruitment Resume searching for job Small Business Administration Social media social networks twitter unemployment