Tag Archives: Interview
Today’s post comes from Tim’s Strategy, written by Tim Tyrell-Smith, blog’s founder, Career and Life coach and Consumer Marketing Executive. It baffles me. How such a simple question throws off so many. And then it doesn’t baffle me. Because I’ve … Continue reading
Going for an interview is stressful as it is, don’t make it any harder on yourself by not preparing properly. The preparation is not just about coming up with clever answers to potential questions, but also to make sure you … Continue reading
Heading back into the working world after a break can make even the most self-assured person feel like the new kid on the first day of school. What should you wear? How will you explain where you’ve been? Will you … Continue reading
Oftentimes, when I hear a Candidate’s offer of ‘sacrifice’ for the sake of my Company, I feel like getting sick to my stomach. My immediate reaction is: I don’t believe it; and that is the good option. If I were … Continue reading
An interviewer at a Staffing Agency or Employer is a gate-keeper. That person (or team, but normally one of the interviewers opinion tends to prevail) can change your life. Most interviewers are professionals and do a good job. A minority… … Continue reading
Believe it or not, some people come to a job interview as victims. Victims of previous bosses, of the last crisis, of luck, of ‘unfair’ promotion practices that left them behind, of colleagues that had no ‘team spirit’, etc. etc. … Continue reading
Measuring the Emotional Quotient (EQ) of potential employees is gaining in popularity, alongside personality assessments. EQ is the social equivalent of IQ, or Intelligence Quotient. Unlike one’s grade reports and personality attributes, asking about EQ has not become commonplace in … Continue reading
The more you need that job, the more likely that interview panic (worst, interview freeze) may pop up right at the time you need to appear confident, energetic and able to communicate effectively. How do you fight it? First, remember … Continue reading
…during your interviews as a Candidate you should never say: I want this job because you pay more. I want this job because of the location. I want this job because my friend/s work(s) here. I want this job because … Continue reading
Cisco has announced that its managers will now conduct job interviews via video. And whatever Cisco does other technology firms are sure to follow. Video interviewing is increasing in popularity among recruiters due to the opportunity to lower costs and … Continue reading
- Having Trouble Hiring and Retaining the best IT Professionals?
- Don't Join a Winning Team...
- Embrace the Change!
- Fear of change is... still fear.
- Vitaver Staffing sponsored cricket tournament in Tallahassee, FL
- Using Mobile Devices to Become a More Effective Job Seeker
- Thinking Beyond the Traditional Resume
- Job Hunting During the Holidays
- 47% Of Employers Check Applicant Credit Reports – Here’s What You Can Do
- 6 Tips on How to Step Out of Your Comfort Zone
- Studies Prove: Networking Increasingly Key to Job-Hunt Success
- Get Paid to Change the World
- Hope for the Long-Term Unemployed
- Getting Health Insurance after Open Enrollment Period
- Half of States Don’t Offer “Work-Sharing” Benefit to Ease Underemployment and Prevent Layoffs
- IT Specific Resumes
- Battle Heats Up Once Again Over Extension of Unemployment Benefits
- Feds Probe Florida Over Troubled Unemployment Benefits Website
- Geeks Dance to benefit American Red Cross, American Cancer Society and Salvation Army.
- Social Media: a Tool or a Threat for Recruiting
- HR: Friend or Foe of your Organization?
- Vitaver is Proud to Announce the Winners of the 2013 Dancing Geeks Contest
- Why Aren’t Corporations Investing and Expanding?
- Despite “End” to Recession, Hard Times Persist
- Dirty Rotten Scoundrels: Employment Scammers and How to Spot Them
- Regulatory Changes Mean It’s Time to Update Your Employee Handbook
- Veterans Struggle to Enter Tight Job Market
- When Geeks Dance, Charity Wins - Vitaver Announces First Ever “Dancing Geeks” Charity Competition for IT Professionals
- Will Temp-Worker Surge Translate to Lasting Employment Gains?
- The Union Assault on Freedom of Association
- Sustaining Job Growth: How the Fiscal Cliff Could Affect Employment
- Flex-Time: Why Your Company Should Offer It
- Top 5 Tech Trends of Tomorrow
- Big Data: We’re Looking for a Few Good Nerds (And When We Say “Few,” We Mean 4.4 Million of Them)
Business Management career Career adivce career advice Career choice career tips Emloyment tips Employee Motivation Employer employment employment background check Employment News engineering jobs find jobs health benefits Healthcare HR hr management human resources Interview interview tips IT jobs job job advice job hunting Job Interview job market news job search Job Search Tips Job seeker job tips LinkedIn looking for a job management Management Style Management Tips Outsourcing Recruitment Resume searching for job Small Business Administration Social media social networks twitter unemployment