Tag Archives: Job Interview
Not too long ago, unemployment was a temporary inconvenience – a short-to-medium-term waystation between career adventures. When times were good, you could even congratulate people on their recent layoff. You had every reason to suspect that the next opportunity would … Continue reading
In today’s tight employment market, it’s easy to get so focused on securing the next job that you lose sight of the big picture. But an employee/employer relationship is a two-way street. The employer does not want to have to … Continue reading
Kevin Douglas (not his real name) sat poised in-front of the manager. He believed he’s already halfway through the interview, and he is not only gaining momentum – he is also acing every question. In fact, he felt it wouldn’t … Continue reading
Most of the information you’ll read on the web about improving your interview skills tells you about how to prepare for an interview – but there is such a thing as over preparation. That can do you damage as well. … Continue reading
There are times when the boss cannot meet you personally. However, he or she can find some time to see you through a video interview. Because there is technology involved, the requirements are different compared to in-person interviews. Just in … Continue reading
Today’s post comes from Tim’s Strategy, written by Tim Tyrell-Smith, blog’s founder, Career and Life coach and Consumer Marketing Executive. It baffles me. How such a simple question throws off so many. And then it doesn’t baffle me. Because I’ve … Continue reading
Of all the phases of the hiring process, the scariest would definitely be the panel interview. For one, it seldom happens. Thus, not a lot of people can really teach you what to do or say. Moreover, a panel interview … Continue reading
Another great article by Karalyn Brown, Australian online careers agony aunty, who writes frequently on career issues for a major Australian newspaper and talks about job search tactics on the national broadcaster. This post comes from The Punch. What do … Continue reading
Unless you have a stellar record and you are well-known in your chosen industry, you have to go through a lengthy process to get a job: 1. Create and submit a resume, 2. Take examinations, and 3. Participate on an … Continue reading
After your big interview you will undoubtedly get the question from friends and family: “so how did it go?” Sometimes you know you bombed, sometimes you know you nailed it. And then there are some times when you just don’t … Continue reading
- Having Trouble Hiring and Retaining the best IT Professionals?
- Don't Join a Winning Team...
- Embrace the Change!
- Fear of change is... still fear.
- Vitaver Staffing sponsored cricket tournament in Tallahassee, FL
- Using Mobile Devices to Become a More Effective Job Seeker
- Thinking Beyond the Traditional Resume
- Job Hunting During the Holidays
- 47% Of Employers Check Applicant Credit Reports – Here’s What You Can Do
- 6 Tips on How to Step Out of Your Comfort Zone
- Studies Prove: Networking Increasingly Key to Job-Hunt Success
- Get Paid to Change the World
- Hope for the Long-Term Unemployed
- Getting Health Insurance after Open Enrollment Period
- Half of States Don’t Offer “Work-Sharing” Benefit to Ease Underemployment and Prevent Layoffs
- IT Specific Resumes
- Battle Heats Up Once Again Over Extension of Unemployment Benefits
- Feds Probe Florida Over Troubled Unemployment Benefits Website
- Geeks Dance to benefit American Red Cross, American Cancer Society and Salvation Army.
- Social Media: a Tool or a Threat for Recruiting
- HR: Friend or Foe of your Organization?
- Vitaver is Proud to Announce the Winners of the 2013 Dancing Geeks Contest
- Why Aren’t Corporations Investing and Expanding?
- Despite “End” to Recession, Hard Times Persist
- Dirty Rotten Scoundrels: Employment Scammers and How to Spot Them
- Regulatory Changes Mean It’s Time to Update Your Employee Handbook
- Veterans Struggle to Enter Tight Job Market
- When Geeks Dance, Charity Wins - Vitaver Announces First Ever “Dancing Geeks” Charity Competition for IT Professionals
- Will Temp-Worker Surge Translate to Lasting Employment Gains?
- The Union Assault on Freedom of Association
- Sustaining Job Growth: How the Fiscal Cliff Could Affect Employment
- Flex-Time: Why Your Company Should Offer It
- Top 5 Tech Trends of Tomorrow
- Big Data: We’re Looking for a Few Good Nerds (And When We Say “Few,” We Mean 4.4 Million of Them)
Business Management career Career adivce career advice Career choice career tips Emloyment tips Employee Motivation Employer employment employment background check Employment News engineering jobs find jobs health benefits Healthcare HR hr management human resources Interview interview tips IT jobs job job advice job hunting Job Interview job market news job search Job Search Tips Job seeker job tips LinkedIn looking for a job management Management Style Management Tips Outsourcing Recruitment Resume searching for job Small Business Administration Social media social networks twitter unemployment