Tag Archives: Job seeker
Used to be job seekers seeking information were stuck until the Sunday paper came out, or there were a new batch of help wanted ads on just a few specialized websites such as Monster.com. But the smarter, more forward-thinking companies … Continue reading
It wasn’t long ago that job seekers would sink huge amounts of time and effort into polishing a resume. If they didn’t have the time or energy themselves, or if they didn’t have the verbal skills, they would spend hundreds … Continue reading
If you’ve been out of work for 6 months or more, and you’ve gotten discouraged by the constant rejections, and have all but given up, take heart: The economy is showing signs of improvement. First, the overall unemployment rate has … Continue reading
In my last post, we took a look at the psychological toll that extended periods of unemployment can have on those who are out-of work. So the last post concentrated on the mind. This one concentrates on the body: Research … Continue reading
We all need a little help sometimes, especially when it comes to job searches. One of the best people to approach when you need broader career options and more job opportunities is a headhunter. Here are five tips to know … Continue reading
For some reason, your new job is not working too well for you, and you are feeling that tinge of regret why you decided to leave your previous one in the first place. Then you start to wonder, “Is there … Continue reading
Chances are good that your next job isn’t going to come via a classified ad. Few people hire unknown quantities. Your next job, most likely, is going to come, directly or indirectly, via someone you know. If it’s direct, that’s … Continue reading
When Jana Eggers, the Ironman-competing CEO of Spreadshirt, interviews a potential new hire, she looks for a solid history of accomplishment and a passion for what you do. But in the process of making her assessment, she also consults one … Continue reading
Just like that, the United States’ credit rating has dropped from AAA to AA+, according to Standard and Poor’s. Though AA+ isn’t bad at all, since it means that the country still has a strong capability to meet its financial … Continue reading
Another excellent article comes from TheUndercoverRecruiter written by Jorgen Sundberg, known professional in social media, personal branding, blogging, online engagement and digital PR. Google Alerts is a fine tool provided free by Google for monitoring your online presence. It is … Continue reading
Here’s another great post that comes from AndrewHudsonsJobsBlog. Marketing, communication professional and career expert Andrew Hudson offers this long list of what he considers most effective career advice. Over the past several years, I’ve collected a lot of advice and … Continue reading
According to the 2010 study conducted by the U.S. Department of Labor, there will be, at the very least, 5 to 6 people fighting for one vacant position. This means more than 80% of the applicants will be rejected — … Continue reading
Check the different job ads on newspapers, magazines, posters, radio, and TV. Only a few isn’t it? During the 1990s, these media became the haven of job seekers. However, with the advent of the Internet, job seeking took a 360-degree … Continue reading
You can blame it on the weak economy and intense competition. The bottom line is, jobs are scarce these days. Thus, jobseekers are forced to be less picky when it comes to employment. The bad news is, some of them … Continue reading
This great and very touching story comes from ReThinkHR written by Benjamin McCall, an HR practitioner with specializations in Business Strategy, P&L, Change Management, OD, and Learning & Development. I read an article in the Cincinnati Enquirer on Saturday about … Continue reading
- Having Trouble Hiring and Retaining the best IT Professionals?
- Don't Join a Winning Team...
- Embrace the Change!
- Fear of change is... still fear.
- Vitaver Staffing sponsored cricket tournament in Tallahassee, FL
- Using Mobile Devices to Become a More Effective Job Seeker
- Thinking Beyond the Traditional Resume
- Job Hunting During the Holidays
- 47% Of Employers Check Applicant Credit Reports – Here’s What You Can Do
- 6 Tips on How to Step Out of Your Comfort Zone
- Studies Prove: Networking Increasingly Key to Job-Hunt Success
- Get Paid to Change the World
- Hope for the Long-Term Unemployed
- Getting Health Insurance after Open Enrollment Period
- Half of States Don’t Offer “Work-Sharing” Benefit to Ease Underemployment and Prevent Layoffs
- IT Specific Resumes
- Battle Heats Up Once Again Over Extension of Unemployment Benefits
- Feds Probe Florida Over Troubled Unemployment Benefits Website
- Geeks Dance to benefit American Red Cross, American Cancer Society and Salvation Army.
- Social Media: a Tool or a Threat for Recruiting
- HR: Friend or Foe of your Organization?
- Vitaver is Proud to Announce the Winners of the 2013 Dancing Geeks Contest
- Why Aren’t Corporations Investing and Expanding?
- Despite “End” to Recession, Hard Times Persist
- Dirty Rotten Scoundrels: Employment Scammers and How to Spot Them
- Regulatory Changes Mean It’s Time to Update Your Employee Handbook
- Veterans Struggle to Enter Tight Job Market
- When Geeks Dance, Charity Wins - Vitaver Announces First Ever “Dancing Geeks” Charity Competition for IT Professionals
- Will Temp-Worker Surge Translate to Lasting Employment Gains?
- The Union Assault on Freedom of Association
- Sustaining Job Growth: How the Fiscal Cliff Could Affect Employment
- Flex-Time: Why Your Company Should Offer It
- Top 5 Tech Trends of Tomorrow
- Big Data: We’re Looking for a Few Good Nerds (And When We Say “Few,” We Mean 4.4 Million of Them)
Business Management career Career adivce career advice Career choice career tips Emloyment tips Employee Motivation Employer employment employment background check Employment News engineering jobs find jobs health benefits Healthcare HR hr management human resources Interview interview tips IT jobs job job advice job hunting Job Interview job market news job search Job Search Tips Job seeker job tips LinkedIn looking for a job management Management Style Management Tips Outsourcing Recruitment Resume searching for job Small Business Administration Social media social networks twitter unemployment