Tag Archives: job tips
Don’t join a winning team. Make your team win instead. Sure, people have flaws, they are human beings in the first place, and the human condition is hardly perfect. That is precisely why a good leader can transform an ordinary … Continue reading
Every job seeker knows that a resume is his passport to get into a country “JOB INTERVIEW.” That is why your resume should be well-organized, clearly written, and formatted using the industry standards. Note that often before they get to … Continue reading
Times are tough out there. Which means a lot of workers are getting less picky about what they apply for – and many of them have let down their guard to trust someone – only to be disappointed. Increasingly desperate … Continue reading
Years ago, you could lick a stamp and send a resume, and you had a reasonable chance that someone in a position to at least get you in the short pile of resumes to be reviewed would actually look at … Continue reading
Unless you have impressed someone so much, it is possible that you get interviewed more than once. Unfortunately, there are also times when you don’t even get past the first interview at all. Now before you whine about how companies … Continue reading
Another excellent article comes from TheUndercoverRecruiter written by Jorgen Sundberg, known professional in social media, personal branding, blogging, online engagement and digital PR. Google Alerts is a fine tool provided free by Google for monitoring your online presence. It is … Continue reading
Great things can start in small packages. It can be as petite as your wallet or the pockets in your pants. What I’m talking about are business cards. To many, business cards are meant only for those who are trying … Continue reading
Here’s another great post that comes from AndrewHudsonsJobsBlog. Marketing, communication professional and career expert Andrew Hudson offers this long list of what he considers most effective career advice. Over the past several years, I’ve collected a lot of advice and … Continue reading
According to the 2010 study conducted by the U.S. Department of Labor, there will be, at the very least, 5 to 6 people fighting for one vacant position. This means more than 80% of the applicants will be rejected — … Continue reading
Check the different job ads on newspapers, magazines, posters, radio, and TV. Only a few isn’t it? During the 1990s, these media became the haven of job seekers. However, with the advent of the Internet, job seeking took a 360-degree … Continue reading
You can blame it on the weak economy and intense competition. The bottom line is, jobs are scarce these days. Thus, jobseekers are forced to be less picky when it comes to employment. The bad news is, some of them … Continue reading
If you are in a dilemma whether to work as an intern or not, do the former. Internships can be time-consuming and sometimes it’s not an easy thing to do. It is usual to hear cases of students working more … Continue reading
If you are a graduate and you are still unemployed despite your fervent efforts, you may want to take a look at your resume and the career path you are taking. It is either the former is poorly made, or … Continue reading
Here’s another good article that comes from The Undercover Recruiter written by Jimmy Sweeney, the president of CareerJimmy and author of the “Secret Career Document” job landing system. Manners are not only important at the dinner table (use your napkin, … Continue reading
Quality employee selection is made easy through various types of pre-employment tests that the Human Resource department conduct to applicants. One of the most useful pre-employment tests that have been developed is the aptitude test. Today, aptitude tests are incorporated … Continue reading
- Having Trouble Hiring and Retaining the best IT Professionals?
- Don't Join a Winning Team...
- Embrace the Change!
- Fear of change is... still fear.
- Vitaver Staffing sponsored cricket tournament in Tallahassee, FL
- Using Mobile Devices to Become a More Effective Job Seeker
- Thinking Beyond the Traditional Resume
- Job Hunting During the Holidays
- 47% Of Employers Check Applicant Credit Reports – Here’s What You Can Do
- 6 Tips on How to Step Out of Your Comfort Zone
- Studies Prove: Networking Increasingly Key to Job-Hunt Success
- Get Paid to Change the World
- Hope for the Long-Term Unemployed
- Getting Health Insurance after Open Enrollment Period
- Half of States Don’t Offer “Work-Sharing” Benefit to Ease Underemployment and Prevent Layoffs
- IT Specific Resumes
- Battle Heats Up Once Again Over Extension of Unemployment Benefits
- Feds Probe Florida Over Troubled Unemployment Benefits Website
- Geeks Dance to benefit American Red Cross, American Cancer Society and Salvation Army.
- Social Media: a Tool or a Threat for Recruiting
- HR: Friend or Foe of your Organization?
- Vitaver is Proud to Announce the Winners of the 2013 Dancing Geeks Contest
- Why Aren’t Corporations Investing and Expanding?
- Despite “End” to Recession, Hard Times Persist
- Dirty Rotten Scoundrels: Employment Scammers and How to Spot Them
- Regulatory Changes Mean It’s Time to Update Your Employee Handbook
- Veterans Struggle to Enter Tight Job Market
- When Geeks Dance, Charity Wins - Vitaver Announces First Ever “Dancing Geeks” Charity Competition for IT Professionals
- Will Temp-Worker Surge Translate to Lasting Employment Gains?
- The Union Assault on Freedom of Association
- Sustaining Job Growth: How the Fiscal Cliff Could Affect Employment
- Flex-Time: Why Your Company Should Offer It
- Top 5 Tech Trends of Tomorrow
- Big Data: We’re Looking for a Few Good Nerds (And When We Say “Few,” We Mean 4.4 Million of Them)
Business Management career Career adivce career advice Career choice career tips Emloyment tips Employee Motivation Employer employment employment background check Employment News engineering jobs find jobs health benefits Healthcare HR hr management human resources Interview interview tips IT jobs job job advice job hunting Job Interview job market news job search Job Search Tips Job seeker job tips LinkedIn looking for a job management Management Style Management Tips Outsourcing Recruitment Resume searching for job Small Business Administration Social media social networks twitter unemployment