Tag Archives: Management Tips
Don’t join a winning team. Make your team win instead. Sure, people have flaws, they are human beings in the first place, and the human condition is hardly perfect. That is precisely why a good leader can transform an ordinary … Continue reading
Opposition. If you don’t encounter some, you are probably doing it wrong. ‘Going with the flow’ means lack of innovation, risk-taking, initiative, etc. Staying ‘safe’ by avoiding challenge maybe the surest way to be at risk (of losing your job, … Continue reading
Would you do it for free? In my experience we excel at what we enjoy, what we would do if no payment was involved. Obviously we all need to pay bills and need an income, so working ‘for free’ may … Continue reading
A couple of generations ago, you could have a “Father-Knows-Best,” 9 to 5 schedule at an office or factory job, complete with a two-martini happy hour and still attract the best talent. Those days are no more – due to … Continue reading
If your employees won’t need pressure-coping skills, imagination to innovate, ability and fortitude of character to prevail against adversity, tenacity to stay the course and persist because it is the right thing to do, then you can do with perfectly … Continue reading
Employers will find Software Engineers, here or elsewhere. If here, taxes and spending stays here. When highly trained professionals are not allowed to stay, they hold a grudge and they take with them (the knowledge and grudge) to wherever they … Continue reading
While a lot of companies are suffering major setbacks financially, Starbucks remains stable. In fact, it continues to invite investors into the mold and has just experienced a boost in its dividends last week, climbing up to 17 cents from … Continue reading
Yahoo, one of Google’s strongest competitors, has been hogging the headlines lately – and all for the wrong reasons. It had just decided to fire the most overpaid CEO Carol Bartz, by phone, no less. This eventually sparked the exchange … Continue reading
These days, it’s no longer enough that employees rely on their wages. In order for them to stay, they need to be provided with other benefits, including a health insurance policy. One of the best ways to meet such demand … Continue reading
One of the secrets of success in career is having a good mentor. Those who are lucky enough to have the benefit of mentorship cruise through their careers comfortably and successfully. A good mentor is an invaluable asset and generally … Continue reading
Today’s post comes from Aka John Sanders, written by John Sanders himself, the Job Expert. Dealing with difficult coworkers can be a full time job in itself. I define difficult coworkers as people whose core personality either obstructs or all … Continue reading
Not everybody is a born leader, and certainly, nobody is born with the skills of a manager. Managerial skills are gained and developed from experience. But the simple truth is, every company needs good managers on its team. However, the … Continue reading
How do you exactly make the employees more aware of their social responsibilities? It is a common headache among HR officers: they come up with drives, only to realize they will not be getting enough support from the personnel. One … Continue reading
- Having Trouble Hiring and Retaining the best IT Professionals?
- Don't Join a Winning Team...
- Embrace the Change!
- Fear of change is... still fear.
- Vitaver Staffing sponsored cricket tournament in Tallahassee, FL
- Using Mobile Devices to Become a More Effective Job Seeker
- Thinking Beyond the Traditional Resume
- Job Hunting During the Holidays
- 47% Of Employers Check Applicant Credit Reports – Here’s What You Can Do
- 6 Tips on How to Step Out of Your Comfort Zone
- Studies Prove: Networking Increasingly Key to Job-Hunt Success
- Get Paid to Change the World
- Hope for the Long-Term Unemployed
- Getting Health Insurance after Open Enrollment Period
- Half of States Don’t Offer “Work-Sharing” Benefit to Ease Underemployment and Prevent Layoffs
- IT Specific Resumes
- Battle Heats Up Once Again Over Extension of Unemployment Benefits
- Feds Probe Florida Over Troubled Unemployment Benefits Website
- Geeks Dance to benefit American Red Cross, American Cancer Society and Salvation Army.
- Social Media: a Tool or a Threat for Recruiting
- HR: Friend or Foe of your Organization?
- Vitaver is Proud to Announce the Winners of the 2013 Dancing Geeks Contest
- Why Aren’t Corporations Investing and Expanding?
- Despite “End” to Recession, Hard Times Persist
- Dirty Rotten Scoundrels: Employment Scammers and How to Spot Them
- Regulatory Changes Mean It’s Time to Update Your Employee Handbook
- Veterans Struggle to Enter Tight Job Market
- When Geeks Dance, Charity Wins - Vitaver Announces First Ever “Dancing Geeks” Charity Competition for IT Professionals
- Will Temp-Worker Surge Translate to Lasting Employment Gains?
- The Union Assault on Freedom of Association
- Sustaining Job Growth: How the Fiscal Cliff Could Affect Employment
- Flex-Time: Why Your Company Should Offer It
- Top 5 Tech Trends of Tomorrow
- Big Data: We’re Looking for a Few Good Nerds (And When We Say “Few,” We Mean 4.4 Million of Them)
Business Management career Career adivce career advice Career choice career tips Emloyment tips Employee Motivation Employer employment employment background check Employment News engineering jobs find jobs health benefits Healthcare HR hr management human resources Interview interview tips IT jobs job job advice job hunting Job Interview job market news job search Job Search Tips Job seeker job tips LinkedIn looking for a job management Management Style Management Tips Outsourcing Recruitment Resume searching for job Small Business Administration Social media social networks twitter unemployment