Tag Archives: Resume
It wasn’t long ago that job seekers would sink huge amounts of time and effort into polishing a resume. If they didn’t have the time or energy themselves, or if they didn’t have the verbal skills, they would spend hundreds … Continue reading
Every job seeker knows that a resume is his passport to get into a country “JOB INTERVIEW.” That is why your resume should be well-organized, clearly written, and formatted using the industry standards. Note that often before they get to … Continue reading
The good news for job seekers is that the unemployment rate – at least as published by the U.S. Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics, is gradually trending down. According to the January 2012 Employment Situation Report, the official … Continue reading
These days companies prefer applicants who send in their resumes and cover letters via e-mail. This allows HR managers to weed out unqualified candidates without going through the process of interviews and examinations. For the potential employee, though, it’s really … Continue reading
Today’s guest post comes from The Undercover Recruiter written by Karalyn Brown, a resume, interview and job search consultant based in Australia. OK, I’m quite prepared to be shot down in flames from all sides for writing this. Shoot me … Continue reading
Coming back to the USA after a trip to Europe, I was ‘inconvenienced’ by an Immigration agent, who asked a few more questions that I cared to answer before showing some impatience. I was not a US citizen yet. After … Continue reading
Over 50 percent of recruiters spend two minutes or less reviewing resumes. The judgment on whether or not to hire you, however, is typically made within five seconds. A number of steps can help you position your resume for high … Continue reading
- Having Trouble Hiring and Retaining the best IT Professionals?
- Don't Join a Winning Team...
- Embrace the Change!
- Fear of change is... still fear.
- Vitaver Staffing sponsored cricket tournament in Tallahassee, FL
- Using Mobile Devices to Become a More Effective Job Seeker
- Thinking Beyond the Traditional Resume
- Job Hunting During the Holidays
- 47% Of Employers Check Applicant Credit Reports – Here’s What You Can Do
- 6 Tips on How to Step Out of Your Comfort Zone
- Studies Prove: Networking Increasingly Key to Job-Hunt Success
- Get Paid to Change the World
- Hope for the Long-Term Unemployed
- Getting Health Insurance after Open Enrollment Period
- Half of States Don’t Offer “Work-Sharing” Benefit to Ease Underemployment and Prevent Layoffs
- IT Specific Resumes
- Battle Heats Up Once Again Over Extension of Unemployment Benefits
- Feds Probe Florida Over Troubled Unemployment Benefits Website
- Geeks Dance to benefit American Red Cross, American Cancer Society and Salvation Army.
- Social Media: a Tool or a Threat for Recruiting
- HR: Friend or Foe of your Organization?
- Vitaver is Proud to Announce the Winners of the 2013 Dancing Geeks Contest
- Why Aren’t Corporations Investing and Expanding?
- Despite “End” to Recession, Hard Times Persist
- Dirty Rotten Scoundrels: Employment Scammers and How to Spot Them
- Regulatory Changes Mean It’s Time to Update Your Employee Handbook
- Veterans Struggle to Enter Tight Job Market
- When Geeks Dance, Charity Wins - Vitaver Announces First Ever “Dancing Geeks” Charity Competition for IT Professionals
- Will Temp-Worker Surge Translate to Lasting Employment Gains?
- The Union Assault on Freedom of Association
- Sustaining Job Growth: How the Fiscal Cliff Could Affect Employment
- Flex-Time: Why Your Company Should Offer It
- Top 5 Tech Trends of Tomorrow
- Big Data: We’re Looking for a Few Good Nerds (And When We Say “Few,” We Mean 4.4 Million of Them)
Business Management career Career adivce career advice Career choice career tips Emloyment tips Employee Motivation Employer employment employment background check Employment News engineering jobs find jobs health benefits Healthcare HR hr management human resources Interview interview tips IT jobs job job advice job hunting Job Interview job market news job search Job Search Tips Job seeker job tips LinkedIn looking for a job management Management Style Management Tips Outsourcing Recruitment Resume searching for job Small Business Administration Social media social networks twitter unemployment