Tag Archives: Small Business Administration
A couple of generations ago, you could have a “Father-Knows-Best,” 9 to 5 schedule at an office or factory job, complete with a two-martini happy hour and still attract the best talent. Those days are no more – due to … Continue reading
And so it has come to pass that the U.S. Supreme Court has ruled the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, or “ObamaCare,” constitutional, albeit by the thinnest of margins. The Justices ruled, 5-4, that justifying the so-called “mandate” under … Continue reading
When Congressional Democrats were selling the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act – “ObamaCare,” in 2010, they ballyhooed it as a great job creator. Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D – CA), then the Speaker of the House, even as she was … Continue reading
Good news: the possibility of a double-dip recession is becoming bleaker. The Bureau of Labor Statistics has reported that the unemployment rate decreased to 8.5%, the lowest it’s ever been since February 2009. More than 150,000 jobs had been created, … Continue reading
These days, it’s no longer enough that employees rely on their wages. In order for them to stay, they need to be provided with other benefits, including a health insurance policy. One of the best ways to meet such demand … Continue reading
How many business owners are currently outsourcing jobs today? Thousands. How many business owners are currently outsourcing jobs today? Thousands… Why do they do that? There are certain reasons why this business model works so well for many companies. Here … Continue reading
It is mandatory for every company to appraise or evaluate their employees’ performance. After all, any non-performing worker is a certified liability. One of the best types of feedback available is called the “360-degree feedback”. What Is It? Also called … Continue reading
Thanks to e-mailing, you don’t have to spend a lot of time talking with your boss or with your colleagues. Using email, you can also do your job at the comforts of your own home. In fact, you can still … Continue reading
Not everybody is a born leader, and certainly, nobody is born with the skills of a manager. Managerial skills are gained and developed from experience. But the simple truth is, every company needs good managers on its team. However, the … Continue reading
An employer should be very concerned about discrimination. After all, this is not just a personal issue. In legal perspective, anyone who is caught discriminating individuals in whatever form can be held criminally liable. It is also not good for … Continue reading
How do you exactly make the employees more aware of their social responsibilities? It is a common headache among HR officers: they come up with drives, only to realize they will not be getting enough support from the personnel. One … Continue reading
In today’s video Tom Wujec from Autodesk presents some surprisingly deep research into the “marshmallow problem” – a simple team-building exercise that involves dry spaghetti, one yard of tape and a marshmallow. Who can build the tallest tower with these … Continue reading
Today’s guest post comes from Innovative America, written by Dr. Janice Presser, co-founder and CEO of The Gabriel Institute. Ask any entrepreneur what it costs to make a hiring mistake and you’ll likely be met with a groan and a … Continue reading
Any organization cannot thrive without rules. You have to make sure your employees work according to the values and conduct you are trying to uphold. If one or a number of them decide to turn away from these sets of … Continue reading
You can have a gazillion products and services, but if you do not bring in people, your business will die a natural death. When we say people, we are referring not only to your steady stream of prospects and customers. … Continue reading
Now that the healthcare reform bill has finally past, a lot of healthcare lobbyists have likely lost their jobs. But for many of us in the small enterprise market, healthcare reform is good news. Jobs were at the center of … Continue reading
- Having Trouble Hiring and Retaining the best IT Professionals?
- Don't Join a Winning Team...
- Embrace the Change!
- Fear of change is... still fear.
- Vitaver Staffing sponsored cricket tournament in Tallahassee, FL
- Using Mobile Devices to Become a More Effective Job Seeker
- Thinking Beyond the Traditional Resume
- Job Hunting During the Holidays
- 47% Of Employers Check Applicant Credit Reports – Here’s What You Can Do
- 6 Tips on How to Step Out of Your Comfort Zone
- Studies Prove: Networking Increasingly Key to Job-Hunt Success
- Get Paid to Change the World
- Hope for the Long-Term Unemployed
- Getting Health Insurance after Open Enrollment Period
- Half of States Don’t Offer “Work-Sharing” Benefit to Ease Underemployment and Prevent Layoffs
- IT Specific Resumes
- Battle Heats Up Once Again Over Extension of Unemployment Benefits
- Feds Probe Florida Over Troubled Unemployment Benefits Website
- Geeks Dance to benefit American Red Cross, American Cancer Society and Salvation Army.
- Social Media: a Tool or a Threat for Recruiting
- HR: Friend or Foe of your Organization?
- Vitaver is Proud to Announce the Winners of the 2013 Dancing Geeks Contest
- Why Aren’t Corporations Investing and Expanding?
- Despite “End” to Recession, Hard Times Persist
- Dirty Rotten Scoundrels: Employment Scammers and How to Spot Them
- Regulatory Changes Mean It’s Time to Update Your Employee Handbook
- Veterans Struggle to Enter Tight Job Market
- When Geeks Dance, Charity Wins - Vitaver Announces First Ever “Dancing Geeks” Charity Competition for IT Professionals
- Will Temp-Worker Surge Translate to Lasting Employment Gains?
- The Union Assault on Freedom of Association
- Sustaining Job Growth: How the Fiscal Cliff Could Affect Employment
- Flex-Time: Why Your Company Should Offer It
- Top 5 Tech Trends of Tomorrow
- Big Data: We’re Looking for a Few Good Nerds (And When We Say “Few,” We Mean 4.4 Million of Them)
Business Management career Career adivce career advice Career choice career tips Emloyment tips Employee Motivation Employer employment employment background check Employment News engineering jobs find jobs health benefits Healthcare HR hr management human resources Interview interview tips IT jobs job job advice job hunting Job Interview job market news job search Job Search Tips Job seeker job tips LinkedIn looking for a job management Management Style Management Tips Outsourcing Recruitment Resume searching for job Small Business Administration Social media social networks twitter unemployment