Cloud Product Manager
San Diego, California
|Job Industry:||Information Technology / Telecommunications|
Onsite: On location at the Client’s site 100% of the time. No telecommuting or remote work.
Additional Information: Strong work / family balance programs, medical, dental and disability coverage available.
Description: Our Client, an international computer company, is hiring a Cloud Product Manager in San Diego, CA.
• Define the vision, strategy, and execution for hardware and software platforms (both physical and virtual) for the Client’s Cloud;
• Develop, maintain, track, and own the product requirements and roadmap;
• Facilitate architecture discussions around Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) and Virtualization strategies for Cloud deployments;
• Identify, evaluate, justify, and propose emerging technology solutions;
• Understand market trends and technologies and identify key areas where the Client R&D should be investing in order to maximize future revenue potential, meet customer requirements, and maintain our competitive edge;
• Drive product management realization activities including pricing, packaging, and forecasting;
• Lead the product realization process (PRP) required to develop and release initial and follow on feature releases;
• Support education and training requirements for deployment to Cloud Operations and Cloud Support Teams;
• Manage a cross-functional product realization team (PRT) of the various disciplines involved in product development deployment;
• Write requirements specifications and use cases for communicating requirements within the Client’s R&D organization;
• Build strong relationships with key product group leaders and develop a framework for translating and communicating roadmap and lifecycle requirements for all the relevant parties;
• Study present and emerging technologies and identifying applications for those technologies in new or existing products / systems as well as identify and ensure conformance with industry and government standards.
• Experience in product management of both hardware and software technologies (5-7 years);
• Experience with Cloud Platforms and Cloud Infrastructure;
• Experience in product management of Platform, IaaS or Virtualization environments (5-7 years);
• Experience with Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) environments and Cloud Virtualization Strategies;
• Experience with use cases, functional requirements, and specifications;
• Experience managing hardware / software development and support life cycles;
• Understanding of the Client’s Database and the data warehousing marketplace;
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related discipline.
Please feel free to apply directly and contact me with your questions at email@example.com or (954) 607-7605
Vitaver & Associates, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. It is the Company's policy to make all employment decisions including hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, termination and others, without regard to age, race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, veteran status, or any other protected status in accordance with applicant federal, state, and local laws.