A trip approval is required after the customer's trip itinerary is entered into the Sabre system or after a change is made to an existing itinerary.
Vitaver & Associates was retained to create an automated system to approve trip itineraries.
• There was no automated application that would store, retrieve, and update trip information in a database and approve trip itineraries;
• There was no comprehensive reporting tool for viewing the information stored in the database and taking action on unmatched items.
Vitaver & Associates created an application that uses an SQL 7.0 database to house the data, and automated tasks to do the following:
• Retrieve any new trip request email;
• Extract, parse, and store the email data;
• Match the email data stored in the SQL database with the trip data that was entered in Sabre;
• Update the SQL database after searching Sabre.
Vitaver & Associates also created a web-based reporting tool to do the following:
• Display the information stored in the SQL database;
• Take action on any unmatched items.
The Vitaver Difference
Vitaver & Associates, Inc. delivered the application on time and satisfied client expectations while providing a solution that accomplishes the following:
• Quickly approves trip itineraries without user intervention; thus, saving time and money and increasing efficiency;
• Displays information on all trip itineraries in the database with an easy-to-use web-based interface; thus, eliminating potential misuse.